Honors Teacher Preparation Pathway(TPP)
This partnership between NYSCAS and Touro's Graduate School of Education (GSE) allows you to cut the time - and the cost - so you can earn a master's in education, and prepare for NYSED Certification, in one year.
How Does It Work?
- After you’ve completed 60 credits of undergrad coursework you’ll be eligible to apply to the Teacher Preparation Program.
- If accepted, you’ll take a total of 4 grad courses during your junior and senior years (maximum 2 per term). These credits will count towards both your bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
- After receiving your bachelor’s degree, you may be qualified to continue with full matriculation in one of the following GSE master’s programs, eligible to earn your M.S. degree and prepare for certification in only one year:
- You'll pay the undergrad tuition rate for the graduate-level courses taken at NYSCAS and your GSE application fee is waived!
Registration Requirements for Approved Graduate Level Courses
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Grade of B or higher in the selected undergraduate courses
- Two recommendations (a college professor + a supervisor of youth service)
- Interview and approval by the undergraduate department chair
What You Need for Admission to GSE
- 50 hours of documented service working with children/youth
- Passing score on GRE or MAT (or other evaluation approved by GSE)
- Approved application to your GSE program of choice
Dr. Jill Ordynans
Deputy Chair, Education Department, NYSCAS