Start Dates: September & January
We admit students on a rolling basis until the new class is full. Priority is given to those who submit their applications early, and applications we receive by March 1st for September admit and July 1st for January admit will be reviewed first. Seats are limited and admission is competitive, so we recommend you complete your application early.
Applicants to the program are evaluated based on information in the application and accompanying materials. Of primary importance in determining an applicant’s suitability for admission are the high school and/or college academic record and Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) scores.
- Minimum required college GPA of 2.75. For those without college coursework, a minimum required high school cumulative average of 85%. You will need to send all transcripts to Touro College from the issuing institution.
- Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) with minimum score of ‘Proficient’ with a composite score of at least 70%. Additionally, students must achieve at least a 70% on the science and math components of the exam.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Applicant’s character, personality, and contribution to school and community life are also factors considered for admission
Admission to the program is highly competitive and on a selective basis. Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
How to Apply
There is a $50 application fee. You can upload all your materials (e.g. letters of recommendation, transcripts) through the application. Go to apply.touro.edu/nyscas and create an account. Following the instructions on the screen you will:
- Select NYSCAS for school
- Then AS/BS Manhattan
- For Major select AAS in Nursing (ANR)
Admitted students are required to take placement exams in English Composition and Mathematics prior to the start of their first semester.
Nursing Transfer Credit Policy
For all science courses in the nursing program, a student must have completed the course within five (5) years of their admission. All science courses must have a grade of "B" or better to transfer in, whether taken at an outside institution or at Touro College. All science courses must have the same number of credits as the Touro College requirement for these courses. For all other liberal arts courses, the nursing program adheres to the Touro College Transfer Credit Policy.
Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) Policy
All students interested in the nursing program at Touro University must take the TEAS examination. The HESI examination will not be considered. Students must achieve minimum composite score of 70% on the overall TEAS exam. Students must take the following four (4) sections of the TEAS exam:
3. Science (minimum score of 70%)
4. Math (minimum score of 70%)
Students must take this exam before progressing into the nursing sequence.
More information about the TEAS and how to register can be found at www.atitesting.com/teas.
Program contact: email@example.com or 212-463-0400 ext. 55261