Every year, NYSCAS welcomes a sizable number of transfer students into our undergraduate community.

In order to be accepted as a transfer student, make sure to include official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. Official transcripts should be sent from the issuing school directly to the Office of Admissions.

How to Apply

1. Complete the online application.

2. Submit the following supporting documents. 

  • Official transcript from all colleges you attended*. 
    It may be necessary to submit your high school transcript or GED diploma and test score. 
  • TOEFL Scores**
    TOEFL Code: 2902
    **Only required for students whose first language is not English. 
  • Any additional information you believe is relevant when considering your application

Bring, or mail, the supporting documents to whichever location you'll be attending.

3. Schedule an interview with an admissions counselor.

Contact admissions to make an appointment.

Transferring Credits

Transfer students seeking credits for previous academic work should arrange to have an official transcript sent to:

Touro College
Office of Admissions
3 Times Square
New York, NY 10036

*If you do not wish to receive credit for courses completed elsewhere, you may request that we do not evaluate your prior college-level work. This decision is irrevocable. Please submit your request in writing along with your application.

Credit Minimums

To be eligible for a certificate or an associate's degree, a transfer student must successfully complete at least 24 credits at Touro College. The baccalaureate degree requires at least 45 credits in-residence at Touro.

Students who have completed an associate's degree at an accredited institution are assured a minimum of 60 credits, but they must meet the individual course and liberal arts requirements of their selected certificate and/or degree program.

Transfer students may request in writing that all prior college work completed at (a) particular school(s) not be evaluated. This decision is irrevocable.

College Writing Credit

To receive a college writing transfer credit and appropriate placement into our sequence of courses, you should have completed 12 or more credits of college-level work at a regionally-accredited institution, and have completed (an) English composition course(s) with a "C" or better.

Credits Toward the Major

If you would like to use transfer credits toward your intended major or concentration (or other academic requirements), you should scheduled a conference with the appropriate department chair.

Credits are generally awarded after evaluation for business, education, computer science, social science, and other liberal arts and sciences courses for which students received a minimum grade of "C" at a regionally-accredited institution. 

A minimum of 50% of the credits in a student’s major must be taken at Touro.

Credit Timeline

We cannot award credits for courses taken more than 10 years prior to a student's first semester at Touro College in computer science, natural sciences, business, and accounting. Such transfer credit in all other areas is subject to individual departmental approval.

Implications for Financial Aid

If you complete a course at Touro for which you received a passing grade at a prior institution, that course will not count toward full-time status for financial aid purposes. This may have adverse financial aid implications, and a Financial Aid officer should be consulted for further information.

See College Bulletin for more information.