Should a student become pregnant, the student is encouraged to notify the Program Director, in writing, as soon as possible. This is a recommendation only and the student has the option of continuing the educational program without modification or interruption and without a declared pregnancy. However, the declared pregnant student:
- Will indicate her expected date of delivery
- Will meet with the Radiation Physicist for appropriate counseling.
- Will be assigned an additional “baby badge” and instructed in its use.
- May requested maternity leave or leave of absence
- Any requested absence from the program must be requested in writing according to the Program's Policies.
- May withdraw the declaration, in writing, at any time.
In the absence of a voluntary written disclosure the student shall continue in the program unmodified.