Who attends NYSCAS? People like you.
Our students are culturally and ethnically diverse. Representing every age group and level of education, they include:
- recent high school graduates,
- GED or high school equivalency recipients,
- transfer students,
- working adults,
- NYC Department of Education paraprofessionals,
- non-native English speaking, and
- non-high school graduates studying to obtain both a high school equivalency diploma and a college degree,
We provide an environment where students from many different backgrounds can share similar experiences, attitudes, cultures, needs, and objectives.
We seek out students who demonstrate the competence, motivation, energy, and maturity to pursue a degree program while meeting life's complex responsibilities.
When to apply
We offer rolling admissions throughout the year.
How to Apply
Apply in three easy steps.
1. Complete the online application.
2. Submit the following supporting documents.
- Official high school transcript or GED diploma and test score
- SAT/ACT Scores*
SAT Code: 2902 | ACT Code: 2961
*These are not required for most NYSCAS programs, but may exempt you from placement exams.Students are exempt from the Math Placement Examination and placed into College Level Math if they meet the following criteria:
- Math SAT score of 500 or higher, or
- N.Y. State Regents score of 75 or higher in one of the following:
- Math A or Math B
- Math Sequential II or III
- SAT Critical Reading score of 500 or higher, or
- ACT English score of 20 or higher, or
- N.Y. State English Regents score of 75 or higher
- TOEFL Scores**
TOEFL Code: 2902
**Only required for students whose first language is not English.
- Any additional information you believe is relevant when considering your application.
Bring, or mail, the supporting documents to whichever location you'll be attending.
3. Schedule an interview with an admissions counselor.
Contact Admissions to make an appointment.