Through the Federal Work Study Program (FWS), NYSCAS employs students with demonstrated financial need to work in various departments. Money earned helps cover education costs.
Selection and placement for FWS recipients is determined by student's eligibility, institutional funding, and job availability.
FWS Eligibility Requirements
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Submit any supporting documentation necessary to complete financial aid verification process.
- Demonstrate financial need
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress in their school or program of study
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA (Unless such GPA does not meet #4)
- Have an unmet need in Cost of Attendance
- Be registered in a degree seeking undergraduate or graduate program at the College
- Be enrolled at least half-time at the College
- Be a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, eligible non-citizen, or citizen of the Freely Associated States: the Federated States of Micronesia and the republics of Palau and the Marshall Islands (for more information, please see the FAFSA)
- Have a Social Security card or letter from the Social Security Administration that you have applied for a Social Security number
Federal Work Study Opportunities
Federal Work Study positions are posted in the Federal Work Study Community on the Portal. To go to this community log into the portal and then click “Federal Work Study” in your right Student Services navigation on your student landing page. This will take you to the new Federal Work Study community where you will have access to current Federal Work Study on campus and off campus job postings. Click on the blue Federal Work Study Banner on the right. Click on Job Postings at the top. Click on “on campus” or “off campus” on the right. Contact the supervisor listed on the job posting for on campus positions. Email Cheryl Weiner (email@example.com) your resume and the position interested in for off campus positions.