All radiographic technology courses take place at the Harlem Hospital.
While taking classes at Harlem Hospital you will have access to facilities there, in addition to Touro campus facilities and services.
Students who are accepted in the school are offered the same benefit as an employee. You are given a complete physical, background check and compliance training which is (as with any new employee) the final determinant of your acceptance into the program.
Should the O.H.S. rule against a student for any reason such as evidence of substance abuse he/she shall be terminated immediately with no recourse for appeal. Should you become ill during established school hours you shall be referred to the O.H.S. for evaluation. The referral procedure is performed by either the Program Director or the Director of Education.
You will have full access to the Harlem Hospital Center Library, (MLK Building-Room 6108) and are permitted to withdraw books from the hospital library for a period of two weeks. Arrangements for such withdrawals shall be made with the library office clerk. Failure to follow the library borrowing policy will result in the student forfeiting rights to borrow.
Library Borrowing Policy:
- Students can check out one book at a time.
- Borrow period will be for two weeks ONLY. Students shall be notified at checkout of the due date. (Books shall be returned on time).
- Students shall return the book in the condition it was received. (Do not write in, highlight, rip out any pages of the book or DAMAGE the book in any other way)
- Students need to reserve CD’s or CD-ROM’s as well under stated guidelines above.
- A fine of $2.00 per day shall be charged for each overdue borrowed library item.
Should the Books, Video Cassettes and CD’s you request be unavailable the student may place the item on reserve.
You will adhere to our policy on protection and use of information, property and assets documented in our Code of Ethical Conduct.
- No food or drinks are allowed at any computer workstation.
- Each student shall log-off of the computer they have been working on.
- Don’t set up personal bookmarks.
- Any computer problems shall be reported to the Director of Education.
- Students shall not leave any personal items or documents in any computer lab.
Students shall use the computer lab during program hours Monday – Friday. Classroom and labs are not available during term breaks unless accompanied by faculty member or staff.
Each student shall be provided with a locker in which to store his/her personal effects.